It is true all Hardwork pays off in the end. I have been involved with Open Source for the past 2 years and this year I got a chance to attend my first in-person International conference Opensource Summit-2022 in Dublin, Ireland under the generous scholarship by Linux Foundation.
In this blog I have posted few pics, and shared my experiences of my first International Conference.
Throwback to the time when I was filling the CFP form in June, and on a fine morning on July 7th when I woke up I checked my mails and I saw that I got selected as a speaker. I was so happy, and I became numb for some time, and I just called to my mom to share about this.
- Getting Visa was one of the important step in this whole thing. After all the suspense and thriller, my Visa got approved just before the 4 days of my trip.
Day-0 (MLH event) :
- After completing 18 hours of journey, I have reached to the Dublin on 12th sept,2022. On the same day I have a MLH event to attend at night (which I missed because I slept through it😅).
This was the first day of our conference and second day in Dublin. Excitement and energy were at high level.
Picked up the Badge and attended the First time Attendee Breakfast and attended the sessions on Cloud Native security and Dev Team metrics.
Took a lunch at nearby Indian Resto and later attended few sessions related to community.
At the evening there was a party organized at famous Guiness Storehouse. The Guinness Storehouse tour was particularly interesting, they showcased the preparation of the iconic Guinness Beer, and we also got to drink some.
Day-1 Ends here
- Started with the River liffey Boat tour organized by Linux Foundation. Enjoyed the boat ride in the chilled winter breeze blowing on our faces☃️.
- Attended few sessions and networked with people, also had a good discussion with swift (MLH- CEO).
- In the evening went for the nearby places to explore Dublin City.
- The Day-3 started with the most awaited keynote talk by the Linus Torvalds. The main conference hall was jam-packed and every ones eyes were upon the stage and everyone were keenly listening.
Got to know about the many opensource projects which exists in security and machine learning domain.
After the keynote talk, I have attended few lightning talks on container images, ebpf.
My lightning talk was on the same day, and it was my first time on such a big platform. Done with my talk and went well, they would soon get it uploaded on the YouTube.
- In the evening with my Indian friends went to the Malhide castle, which was an awesome beautiful place and in return we had our dinner at Punjabi Resto.
- The final Day of the Conference, in the morning we went for a city bus tour organized by Linux foundation. -We all have pre decided to take the Indian flag with us. So as it was my last day at Dublin, we all taken a pic infront of the conference hall carrying out Indian flag
Maybe you came this far by reading, you would be thinking why I didn't mention anything about any swags and sponsor booths. Okay ok hold it I'm there! 😅
There were nearly 80 sponsor booths to grab the swags. Apart from the swags and stickers, it was a great chance to know about the different tech products in the detailed way.
- Got to learn many new things, grasped good knowledge, learnt how to think professionally.
- Everyone were so welcoming to talk and ready to share the knowledge. Networked with the people from different domains of tech, got to know about different view points/perspectives.
- I got a chance to meet many tech twitter friends.
- I can say that everything is possible if you are sticked to something for a longer time, you need to show up every day, consistency pays you off. Sky is the limit
I have my return flight on 16 sept,2022 . Goodbye's are really hard😶. Me along with my Indian mates all became very close friends, enjoyed a lot as a team, travelled together. Everything has to come to an end. We gave a final Goodbye to the Dublin city, Ireland. Thank you for hosting the great conference at an awesome place. Came back to India on 17th sept 2022 with many heartful memories❤️
- I would be surely trying to attend the upcoming conferences. Maybe the next stop could be the Kubecon Europe-2023🤞.